ReviewsNo reviews yet
One day Hike Mount Kilimanjaro
You’ve always wanted to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, but you’re not quite sure if you have enough time to do it over the course of several days. What if there was an easier way? What if you could hike Kilimanjaro in one day? Would you be interested in that? Take the chance to hike Kilimanjaro in one day or two if you wish to stay overnight.
A one-day hike in Mount Kilimanjaro, like the Marangu Trail, gives you an introduction to the pleasures and challenges of trekking up an active volcano like Kilimanjaro. While it’s possible to do this hike as a day trip from Moshi or Arusha, staying overnight at the Marangu Hotel allows you to adjust to your new altitude and get an early start before the heat of the day.
This adventure hike is perfect for family willing to go for a short hike if you are on a short trip. You’ll also have access to some of the best views on Kilimanjaro at sunrise and sunset, so don’t forget your camera !
One Day Hike Kilimanjaro National Park Highlight
- Through the Marangu / Machame forest or the Shira Plateau
- No age restriction and perfect for kids, families and couples on short trip
- Low to medium fitness
- Professional and experienced English speaking mountain guide.
- A picnic lunch provided during the hike.
Options for one day hike on Mount Kilimanjaro :
1 Kilimanjaro Marangu forest hike
We will pick you up around 8.00 am from your hotel in Moshi and transfer you to Marangu gate. After your registration done we will begin the hike. A one-day trip leads you up to Mandara Hut and back to the entry gate. On this hike day you will reach the first camp of Kilimanjaro. If you are thinking to take the route of Marangu, you will definitely enjoy the tropical wilderness of the rain forest. Later you will proceed to the descend through the forest trail back to the gate. From there we transfer you back to your hotel.
Details one day hike via Marangu route
- Approx driving distance: 1 hour to gate / 1 hour back to Moshi
- Approx trekking time: 6-9 hours
- Approx trekking distance: 14 km / 8.5mi
- Start Altitude: 1860m or 6100ft
- End Altitude: 1860m or 6100ft
- Highest Altitude reached: 2775m or 9105ft
- Meals included: Picnic lunch
2 Kilimanjaro Shira plateau hike
We will pick you up around 8.00 am from your hotel in Moshi and transfer you to Londrossi. After registration done we begin the hike. One this one day hike you will lead you through the moorland and into the Alpine desert. You hike around 2-4 hours to the Shira Plateau. Later you will proceed to the descend from the same trail back back to the gate. From there we transfer you back to your hotel.
Details one day hike via Shira route
- driving distance: 3 hours to gate / 3 hours back to Moshi
- Approx trekking time: 2-4+ hours
- Approx trekking distance: 8 km / 5mi
- Start Altitude: 3405m or 11170ft
- End Altitude: 3405m or 11170ft
- Highest Altitude reached: 3505m or 11500ft and above
- Meals included: Picnic lunch
3 Kilimanjaro Machame route hike
Details one day hike via Machame route
Prices / included services for One Day Hike Kilimanjaro
|MOUNT KILIMANJARO DAY HIKES (per person)|
|1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 +|
|250 USD||225USD||205USD||195 USD||175USD|
We wish you a pleasant hike in Mount Kilimanjaro with Africa bucket list !
Perhaps, you want to make a full Kilimanjaro hike, find out our differents routes and packages for a full trek to the summit of the highest free-standing mountain in the world.
- All taxes and VAT applicable
- All park fees collected by the Kilimanjaro National Park
- Picnic lunch on the 1-day trip
- Transfer from moshi and back to moshi
- Professional english guides, licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park.
- Costs of getting to Moshi
- Tips for the guides and the crew
- Accommodation and meals before and after the hike
- International flights
Trek from Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut and descend back
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Moshi around 08:00am and brief you about the day. And then they will transfer you to to Marangu gate (1860m). After completing your enter completing your registration we will start the hike through the rainforest for estimated 3-5 hours, until Mandara Hut (2700m). You will have your picnic lunch either in route or at Mandara Hut depending on walking pac.
After lunch we will start descending through the forest trail back to the park gates (estimated 3-4 hours) where your driver will be waiting to transfer you back to Moshi.