ReviewsNo reviews yet
If you’re like most people, you probably have a few big questions about your upcoming 4 day Tanzania safari and we’re here to answer them! With our extensive knowledge of the area (we’ve been exploring and guiding the country since 2012), we can tell you what to expect on a 4-day safari in Tanzania so you can plan accordingly and prepare yourself for an amazing experience!
This 4 day Tanzania safari is one of the most popular vacation destinations in Africa for seeing wildlife. Tanzania is a great country to visit if you want to collect unforgettable African wilderness experience.
Here bellow the outlined itinerary:
- Day 1: Pick up from Arusha and Transfer to Tarangire National Park.
- Day 2: Full day in Serengeti national park. Known as the gateway to the Northern circuit of Tanzania.
- Day 3: Early one last game drive in the Serengeti, then you will drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site, the fascinating crater of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Day 4: Early morning game-drive descending to the Ngorongoro Crater. Later in the afternoon you will transfer back to your hotel in Arusha or directly to Kilimanjaro Airport for onward travel.
Where this 4 day Tanzania safari takes me ?
This tour will take you to the four most popular national park in Northern Tanzania :
You will head north toward Tarangire National Park. This vast park is home to a number of animals, including lions, cheetahs, elephants and hyenas. With over 40 mammal species and 500 bird species, it’s easily one of the best parks in which you can explore with your binoculars. The national park is also famous for its tree-climbing lions, which can often be seen high up in acacia trees
Serengeti National Park the capital of wildness. Serengeti National Park is one of Africa’s most famous parks and one of its largest at 14,763 square kilometers. That makes it slightly smaller than Switzerland. You really can’t go wrong with Serengeti National Park; after all, it holds some of the highest density populations for lions and elephants in all of Africa. The park encompasses both grasslands and savannah; visitors will even get a chance to see wildebeest in their massive annual migration across Tanzania into Kenya in search for greener pastures.
There’s no better way to get off-the-beaten path than by visiting Tanzania’s one-of-kind, massive Ngorongoro Crater. The spectacular natural landmark will provide you with an incredible array of wildlife sightings and unforgettable scenery that you can’t experience anywhere else in Tanzania (or maybe even in all of Africa).
This 4 day Tanzania safari has something for everybody.
Where will I overnight during the 4 day Tanzania safari?
During this 4 day private Tanzania safari you will be staying in comfortable lodges and tented camps to feel the atmosphere of Africa. At Tarangire national park we recommend you to stay at Sangaiwe Tented lodge that offers you a great views over the plains. In Serengeti you will overnight at Thorntree Camp or Tukaone camp. And for your last night in Ngorongoro you will stay at a nice mid-range lodge at Karatu Marera Valley Lodge or Country Lodge at Karatu nearby.
These lodges and tented camps are safe and clean and provides delicious food. We can always customise your 4-day private Tanzania safari as a luxury option package.
Highlight 4 day Tanzania safari
- See the Big 5 in Ngorongoro
- Discover the fascinating Tarangire
- Explore the vast Serengeti
- Beautiful scenery and endless photographic opportunities
- Private 4x4 safari vehicle
- Lodge accommodation
- Meals included: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Is the price include and what kind of food will be served ?
- Meals are included as stated in your itinerary. Mineral water is also supplied during your safari.
- For each of your dinner you will dine at the respective accommodations. For breakfast we usually set up a buffet or we pack the breakfast for early game drive. Lunch is mostly packed en-route (lunch-box) consisting of sandwiches, boiled eggs and fruits and grilled chicken thighs.
* Please let us know if you are vegetarian or have any special dietary requirements or food allergies and we will do our outmost to cater for them.
How many travellers are in for this 4 day Tanzania safari ?
- Our vehicles can take a maximum of 7 people and if your group is bigger than that, we will use more than one vehicle.
What is the age limit for this 4 day Tanzania safari tour?
- We don’t recommend this trip for children under the age of 5 years old. And this goes under the responsibility of the parents at all times.
What about tips?
- Tipping may not be a common practice in all countries but in Tanzania it is a standard practise. We recommend you to tip your guide around 15-20 USD per day per group for the guide. If you are not happy with the service you have received you do not have to pay tips.
Visa and documents required for your 4 day Tanzania safari
- Citizens of most Western countries need a visa for travel to Tanzania for visits up to 90 days. Here the List of Countries which their Nationals require Referral Visa. The cost is $50 USD for all nationalities. And is valid for 30 days after issue, and $100 for USA citizen.
- All travellers will need a passport which will remain valid for at least 6 months longer than your expected visit.
- Each traveller is responsible for sorting out their own passport and visa requirements, and we cannot offer much assistance in this matter.
What vaccinations are needed and is Tanzania a malaria region?
- Officially no vaccinations are mandatory regarding yellow fever or malaria. However we highly recommend you to get vaccinated against the yellow fever before you travel to Tanzania. Here the Travel Vaccines and Advice for Tanzania.
What should you pack for your 4 day safari in Tanzania ?
- Tanzania’s climate can be unpredictable. We suggest you to wear comfortable and light clothes. You will spend a lot of time in the vehicle for several hours each day. The weather in the parks is very warm. Always avoid wearing dark blue or black, these colours attract tsetse flies. A detailed packing list will be sent once your booking is confirmed.
How to get to Tanzania ?
What currency I should bring with me ?
Note that not all hotels can accept card payments so you may need to use an ATM to access funds.
GROUP SIZE AND PRICE PER PERSON
|Options||2 persons||3 persons||4-7 persons|
|1095 $||975 $||895 $|
|985 $||885 $||755$|
|1,585 $||1,425 $||1,365 $|
Children Prices depends on Age
See the detailed itinerary of this 4 day Tanzania safari
We wish you a pleasant trip with Africa bucket list !
NOTE : This safari can also be taken from Dar es Salaam or from Zanzibar with a domestic flight included. Above described itinerary includes a lot of driving.
NOTE : One of the most important rules during your safari trip is to not feed animals in any parks in Tanzania. Anyone found feeding an animal inside the park is penalized accordingly.
- Specialized bilingual guide ( if mentioned)
- 4x4 Land Cruiser
- Park Fees
- Meals as per itinerary
- A professional driver/ guide.
- Drinking water
- International flights.
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour (Unless mentioned otherwise)
- Tips for your guide
- Airport Transfers (Unless mentioned otherwise)
- Personal Items (Souvenirs, Travel Insurance, Visa Fees, etc.).
- Any activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
DAY 1 Arusha To Tarangire National Park
At 7.30am your will be welcomed by your safari guide of Africa bucket list at your hotel in Arusha. We will stop by in Arusha Town for a last minute purchases before we head off on safari. You will arrive around 10:00 am at Tarangire national park where the game drives starts.
Tarangire is well known for its huge elephant population and baobab trees. It forms the centre of an annual migratory cycle that includes up to 3000 elephants, 25,000 wildebeest and 30,000 zebras.
Your first safari day comes to an end. Dinner will be served with a good rest at your accommodation at Ngare lodge.
DAY 2 Serengeti National Park
After breakfast, depart for Serengeti National Park, via the beautiful high lying farmland of Karatu and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Leaving the highlands behind, we descend into the heart of wild Africa – the Serengeti National Park – with its endless plains, rolling into the distance as far as the eye can see. Then heard to the central park area, known as the Seronera area, one of the richest wildlife habitats in the park, featuring the Seronera River, which provides a valuable water source to this area and therefore attracts wildlife well representative of most of the Serengeti’s species. Arrive in time for lunch and enjoy an afternoon game drive in the Serengeti national park.
Your second safari day comes to an end. Dinner and overnight at Takaone camp. All meals included.
DAY 3 Serengeti To Ngorongoro Crater
Early morning game drive and after depart to Ngorongoro Conservation area. We will stopover at Olduvai Gorge, boasting with a history dating back to the dawn of time. It was here, that the anthropologists Drs. Lois and Mary Leakey discovered the skulls of ‘Nutcracker Man’ and ‘Handy Man’, both very significant links in the chain of human evolution Late afternoon transfer to Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge where you will have dinner and overnightAll meals included.
DAY 4 Full day at Ngorongoro Crater - end of Safari
After an early breakfast, You will descend over 600 meters into the crater to view wildlife. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro conservation Area supports avast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park, is it’s dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will visit Lake Magadi, a large but shallow alkaline lake in the southwestern corner, which is one of the main features of the crater. A large number of flamingos, hippos and other water birds can usually been seen here.
You will be transferred back to your hotel in Arusha or at the Kilimanjaro International Airport if departing on this day.