After clients contacting us for an inquiry, they will receive a detailed itinerary describing the different places they will go and see and where they will stay for that amount of time. All our safari services, our climb services and also our day trip services will be running except in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as road closures, bad weather, problems or security considerations. In such cases the itinerary may be changed, clients will be informed and alternative will be arranged as circumstances permit.
Once we confirm your booking, clients will receive an invoice with all details. In order to secure and confirm our client’s reservation a 30% deposit payment of your safari adventure is required and 20% deposit payment for your Kilimanjaro trek.
Methods of Payment
Payments can be made by bank transfer for now.
In the event that cancellation happens : 2 options :
- Changes by the Client
- If any changes of your itinerary will be made free of charge if they do not result in extra costs for us. If otherwise the costs must be covered by the Client;
- If you miss any tour service, accommodation or fail to use any other service acting on your own account, no refund will be provided;
- Changes by the Company
- Africa Bucket list will make every reasonable effort to ensure that tour goes as planned.
In Tanzania, we are exposed to unannounced and sudden changes in government regulated fees and taxes, such as national park fees and taxes.
Passports and visas
- Citizens of most Western countries need a visa for travel to Tanzania for visits up to 90 days. The cost is $50 USD for all nationalities and is valid for 30 days after issue, and $100 for USA citizen.
- All travellers will need a passport which will remain valid for at least 6 months longer than your expected visit.
- Each traveller is responsible for sorting out their own passport and visa requirements, and we cannot offer much assistance in this matter.